Just so you know, this post is fairly old… as you read it, know that any prices/dates/hours displayed here may no longer be correct. For the most accurate information head over to our home page for hours and then select different offerings from the home page for specific information around those things.
Good morning friends of Yoders’ Farm,
We hope you’ve had a great summer.
As often happens, time moves along and we are ready (well, whether we are ready or not doesn’t seem to matter now, either way it is time) to head into a new season here at Yoders’ Farm. Today is the first day of the 2016 fall season.
This post won’t be long, I simply wanted to point you to a few resources about our fall season.
The Fall Season is Here!
As with last year we plan to be open Friday’s and Saturday’s 10 a.m. till 10 p.m. throughout our fall season. Last groups head into the maze at 9.
We are going to be open Thursday evenings in October (only in October) this year as well. Hours on those Thursday evenings will be 3 p.m. till 7 p.m.
Wonder what all will be available?
- The corn maze of course – read more here.
- The pumpkin patch – read more here.
- Hayrides. Details on the corn maze page.
- Funnel cakes. $4
- Store Items – jams, jellies, local honey, and baked goods will be available in the tent.
- Apples – We’ve got Gala, Fuji, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious and Honey Crisp apples for sale. They are $1.25 per lb.
- Various other things. Most of these details are on the corn maze page.
Family Farm Day
A lot of you are wondering whether we are planning a Family Farm Day this year. The answer is yes we are.
October 8th will be our Family Farm Day this fall. This means that there will be a number of “extra things” for you to experience from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m. or so.
A couple of highlights.
- There is no charge for admission. (We actually never charge admission to the farm.)
- Pony Rides (Thanks to Patrick Henry Family Services)
- Face Painting
- We’re still working on the list of activities and we’ll add them over on the Family Farm Day Page as other things line up.
That’s a brief overview. As per the usual all of the details about Family Farm Day can be found right over here on the Family Farm Day page.
Once the special activities are finished for the day we’ll go back to the “regular Fall season activities,” hayrides till dark, and the corn maze and pumpkin picking till 10 p.m.
I think that covers just about everything.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out via Facebook, send us an email at [email protected] or even check out our new FAQ page. We’ll try to add common questions to the FAQ page as we go along. 🙂
Speaking of Facebook, as the season progresses we’ll be posting to Facebook and Instagram if there are any announcements, closures, special deals or anything along those lines. Be sure to check either of those places before you come.
Our goal for this fall season is the same that it has always been, and will continue to be. We work hard to provide a simple, safe and fun family experience for everyone who visits the farm.
We’d love if you’d be a part of that this fall. As always, thanks for your support.
Eldon for all of us at Yoders’ Farm