Just so you know, this post is fairly old… as you read it, know that any prices/dates/hours displayed here may no longer be correct. For the most accurate information head over to our home page for hours and then select different offerings from the home page for specific information around those things.
Just in case you’re still in need of a blueberry or two, we’ll be making a couple more trips for New Jersey blueberries over the next couple of weeks. Details and the order form can be found right here.
Looking for something to do with your blueberries? Here is a recipe that may help.
Makes either two 8×8 pans or one 9×13 pan.
The Fruit Part
- 4 cups fruit (apples, blueberries, apricots, peaches, raspberries, cherries, or pineapple – larger fruit should be chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
The Cake Part
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
The Crumb Part
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup pecans (if you’d like)
Let’s start with “The Fruit Part.”
- Place fruit in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar and cornstarch, mix together well. Add to the fruit in the saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice and the water to the mixture in the saucepan and stir together.
- Bring to a good boil.
- Set mixture aside to cool.
Now let’s tackle “The Cake Part.”
- In a bowl beat the sugar, eggs and butter together.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix this together.
- Combine the two previous bowls into your mixing bowl. Add the milk and vanilla and mix.
And finally “The Crumb Part”
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Combining and Baking our Masterpiece
- Spread 1/2 of the batter you’ll be using for your pan on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the cooled “Fruit Part” over the batter.
- Spoon remaining 1/2 of batter over the “Fruit Part” in “small globs.”
- Crumble the “Crumb Part” on top of everything.
- Pre heat oven to 325 and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick can be placed into the cake and pulled out clean.
- Serve and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!