Just so you know, this post is fairly old… as you read it, know that any prices/dates/hours displayed here may no longer be correct. For the most accurate information head over to our home page for hours and then select different offerings from the home page for specific information around those things.
Good afternoon everyone,
As promised (finally) here is a post regarding our plans for the Pick-Your-Own strawberry patch – Saturday, May 9 as well as the rest of the season.
The Pick Your Own price this year is $1.59 per lb, tax included.
Here is what the Pick-Your-Own schedule looks like.
- Tomorrow – Saturday – May 9, our hours will be 11 a.m. till 5 p.m. or until the patch gets picked over – keep an eye on Facebook.
- Sundays – We are always closed on Sundays
- Monday – May 11 – we will open at 10 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
- From Tuesday May 12, on, hours will be regular “Strawberry Season” hours as weather and strawberries permit. Those hours are: Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. till 7 p.m. and closed on Sundays.
- Again, keep an eye on Facebook and we’ll let you know of any changes to the schedule.
A Couple Notes About the Patch
As the season is just getting under way the picking will be a bit scattered tomorrow. However there will be gorgeous, ripe berries to be found all over the patch and they do need to be picked.
The picking will quickly go from being scattered tomorrow to being really good early next week. Judging by the number of green berries and the fruit load it looks like we should have a good season with good picking – even though we’ve had to wait a bit longer than we thought we would have to for the season to actually start. From the first part of next week on we’ll need plenty of willing pickers to help keep the plants clean and the patch well picked!
Thanks again for your patience as we’ve been waiting for the berries to ripen to the point where we could open the patch. We look forward to seeing a lot of you out here over the coming weeks.
P.S. feel free to use the sharing buttons on this post to let your friends know!