Just so you know, this post is fairly old… as you read it, know that any prices/dates/hours displayed here may no longer be correct. For the most accurate information head over to our home page for hours and then select different offerings from the home page for specific information around those things.
Good evening Friends
A lot of you have been curious about when exactly we are planning on opening our Pick Your Own strawberry patch.
The truth is that its still a bit difficult to say how the strawberry season will begin. There are some berries that are ripening up slowly, but the majority of them are waiting for warmer weather.
So I guess your going to have to bear with us a little bit more till the strawberries decide that it is time to turn loose and start producing like crazy.
But we also want to give you a bit of a clue about what to expect, so here is a it of a rundown of things as we see them right now.
The Strawberry Patch
While the strawberries are slow to start, it does look like we will have plenty of strawberries eventually. The patch is full of green berries that are just waiting for some sun and warmth.
So here is what we do know…
- We will have the Pick Your Own Patch open next Saturday May 4th for our Spring Family Farm Day. Not sure how long the picking will last, but it will be open for a while at least.
- The following week, May 6-11, we will have to play it by ear some. Watch Facebook to stay up to date on picking conditions. Or give Lowell a call to see how the picking is looking. Hopefully after that week we can open the patch wide open.
- Pricing – Pick Your Own Strawberries
Spring Family Farm Day
This kind of goes along with the stuff above, but despite our best plans to have the pick your own strawberries totally ready for the Spring Family Farm Day, it looks like the strawberry picking that day might be a bit limited.
But that isn’t to say that there will be nothing to do. There is still quite a list of things for you and your kids to do.
- Horse and pony rides will be available from Patrick Henry Family Services. Pony rides will be available from 11am – 2pm. Cost $5.00 per ride. All proceeds to benefit Patrick Henry Family Services.
- “Kiddie” train rides.
- Smokey The Bear (still working on this)
- Educational exhibits
- Lunch will be available
- Yoders’ Farm Store will be open
- There will be some animals around
This is the one thing that we do have plenty of right now.
Feel free to drop by the Yoders’ Farm Store to pick up a couple pounds of vine ripened tomatoes.
I guess that’s about it. We are looking forwards to seeing a lot of you next weekend for the Spring Family Farm Day as well as in the coming weeks!
Thanks for working with us and being patient while we wait for the strawberries to start producing in large quantities.
Have a blessed weekend and a wonderful week!
Eldon for everyone here at Yoders’ Farm