Just so you know, this post is fairly old… as you read it, know that any prices/dates/hours displayed here may no longer be correct. For the most accurate information head over to our home page for hours and then select different offerings from the home page for specific information around those things.
Good evening everyone,
Here’s what’s been going on at the farm over the past week or so… and what will be going on in the coming days.
I know I’ve posted about this several times, but if you’re interested in ordering blueberries you’ll likely want to go ahead and do that soon. We’ll be closing orders before too long – details and order form right here.
If you are wondering what you would do with blueberries. Here are a few ideas.
Freeze them. This is a great option because it’s super simple and really easy to use them later. Useful for smoothies, baking, cereal, etc… A couple things to note about freezing your berries.
- Don’t wash the berries before freezing them. Washing them will cause them to freeze in clumps. If you want to wash them do it when you pull them out of the freezer.
- Simply measure even portions of berries and put them in a zip lock bag. Then freeze. Really, it’s that simple.
A couple of other things that we’ve discussed in the past that involve blueberries.
- Any Fruit Coffee Cake Recipe – Blueberry, Apple, Etc.
- Operation Blueberry Milkshake – My Take on the Milkshake – Conversations #015
- Blueberry Cream Pie
- Waffles for Three
- Sausage and Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Hours And “Other Stuff”
Wondering what we actually have available on the farm right now? Here is a quick list.
- Tomatoes. Regular greenhouse tomatoes as well as several heirloom varieties.
- Sweet corn. We grow a bicolored sweet corn. We may be a bit biased, but it is quite good.
- Jams/Jellies. As always, when the farm store is open we’ve got a bunch of jams and jellies available.
We are heading into our “slower summer time” as far as what’s available, so we are back to regular farm store hours.
- Closed Sunday and Monday.
- Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. till 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. till 2 p.m.
Conclusion – Upcoming Projects
Well, that’s just about it… when we aren’t supporting the things above we are currently working on a number of other things.
- Preparation for the Fall season. (Corn Maze design/planting, pumpkin planting, several ideas for some “new things” this fall.)
- Preparation for next Springs strawberry season. Yes, we’ve already started the preparations for next year.
- Some field work.
- Feeding calves.
- And some other things I’m not remembering right now.
Now that’s it… at least for now.